1/1 Photo of Baked Raw Apple Donut Muffins
These are really yummy muffins. My friend Jenny brought these to a potluck once and I asked her for the recipe. I am giving the original measurements for the topping as she gave me, however I prefer to make less toppping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup granny smith apple, grated
- 1Prehat oven to 350 F and have ready greased muffin tins.
- 2Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and nutmeg.
- 3Cut in shortening until mixture is like fine crumbs.
- 4Mix together milk, eggs, and grated raw apple.
- 5Add all at once to the flour mixture and then stir together quickly and thoroughly.
- 6Fill greased tins 2/3s full and bake 20-35 minutes, or until a toothpick tests done.
- 7Remove from pan and dip tops first in melted butter then in cinnamon sugar mixture.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Raw Apple Donut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.3
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 191.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g