1 hr 5 mins
This quick and easy casserole is good enough for company and freezes well. I strongly recommend using the brands I list in the ingredients, unfortunately they may only be available in Canada, in which case use the closest substitute you can find.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 398 ml president's choice splendido canned unpeeled cherry tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups prego original spaghetti sauce
- 300 ml olivieri alfredo pasta cooking sauce low-fat alfredo sauce, divided
- 350 g cheese and spinach ravioli, divided
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, pizza cheese, President's Choice Splendido Less Fat Pizza Blend divided
- 1For maximum flavour prepare the meat sauce in advance and refrigerate until needed.
- 2In a heavy Dutch oven on high heat brown the ground beef. Stir constantly so so meat breaks up and is not in big chunks.
- 3Add onions and garlic and reduce heat to medium low.
- 4Stir in oregano and Italian herbs and the red wine.
- 5Add the tomatoes and break them up until they are crushed but be careful - they pop and the liquid spurts out!
- 6Pour in the Prego sauce, cover with lid and reduce to lowest heat.
- 7Simmer on low 45 minutes. Stir occasionally to check it doesn't get dried out. Cool completely and set aside until you're read to assemble the casserole.
- 8Prepare ravioli as per package instructions, don't over cook. Drain well.
- 9In a sprayed 9 x 9 inch casserole, spread a thin layer of meat sauce, cover with half the ravioli.
- 10Add another layer of meat sauce. On top of this layer drop half the Alfredo sauce by the spoonful, spread it gently, lastly sprinkle with a half cup of the grated cheese.
- 11Repeat the second layer: ravioli, meat sauce, Alfredo sauce and remaining half cup grated cheese.
- 12Bake at 375 degrees F. for 30 minutes. Allow to sit for 15 minutes to set up before serving.
- 13Serve with green salad and garlic bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ravioli Deluxe
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.9
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 377.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
canned unpeeled cherry tomatoes
low-fat alfredo sauce
reduced-fat mozzarella cheese