Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
Decorated with artful toppings, these ravioli bites are irresistible additions to a night of entertaining. Found in a magazine ad shown with toppings such as tomato slices, mozzarella balls, marinated artichoke hearts,etc...
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese ravioli, prepared according to directions
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 7 ounces pesto sauce
- Preheat broiler. Grease baking sheet. Dip prepared ravioli into beaten eggs, coating both sides, then into breadcrumbs coating both sides. Place on prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray tops of ravioli with cooking spray.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Turn and spray with cooking oil and broil for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Top each ravioli with 1 teaspoon pesto and choice of assorted toppings.
I made these last night as a side dish rather than an app. They were soo yummy and easy to make. They were nice and crispy as if they had been fried, but they weren't!! I just used a little pesto and skipped the other toppings, but that would be very nice if I had served then as an appetizer. I found this recipe through the RecipeZaar Addicts group on sparkpeople.com! Thanks!
SUPER easy and SUPER yummy. This is a nice way to start a meal. I encourage all to try!! We did not have italan bread crumbs, so we used plain bread crumbs with italian seasoning mixed in.