Recipe by Shawn C
This is a great kid pleaser and a nice healthy meal my husband can throw together when I am at work. I use Barilla Marinara sauce and frozen ravioli when I am in a hurry. My next attempt will be with fresh marinara and crab stuffed ravioli! Mmm!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- coarse salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 lbs store bought cheese ravioli (any kind!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook until onions are softened.
- Add thyme and tomatoes and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, breaking up the tomatoes.
- Reduce sauce until it is about 5 cups (20-25 minutes).
- Cook ravioli in a pot of boiling water just until they float; drain.
- Toss sauce and ravioli together in a casserole dish. Top with cheeses.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- NOTE: No time to make the sauce, use a jarred sauce of marinara or your favorite sauce! You can also use frozen ravioli instead of fresh!