Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great kid pleaser and a nice healthy meal my husband can throw together when I am at work. I use Barilla Marinara sauce and frozen ravioli when I am in a hurry. My next attempt will be with fresh marinara and crab stuffed ravioli! Mmm!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- coarse salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 lbs store bought cheese ravioli (any kind!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook until onions are softened.
- Add thyme and tomatoes and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, breaking up the tomatoes.
- Reduce sauce until it is about 5 cups (20-25 minutes).
- Cook ravioli in a pot of boiling water just until they float; drain.
- Toss sauce and ravioli together in a casserole dish. Top with cheeses.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- NOTE: No time to make the sauce, use a jarred sauce of marinara or your favorite sauce! You can also use frozen ravioli instead of fresh!
Very delicious!!! The sauce was incredible...I used ravioli stuffed wuth cheese and spinach. A definite keeper in my cookbook...
Hi~ Other than using spinach and cheese ravioli, and adding red pepper flakes, I stuck to your recipe and we really enjoyed it. Easy directions, fast to make, great results! Thanks for posting, Di
We loved this! Subsitutedbeef frozen Ravioli from Walmart (instad of cheese) and it was still great!!!! This will be a regular for us.