Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Baked Ravioli is a concoction made out of wanting something Italian and needing to clear some things out of the freezer. I usually keep bags of frozen ravioli on hand to make them fried - which is oh so good.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 (25 ounce) packages frozen cheese ravioli, thawed
- 2 (14 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic salt. Cook and stir until no longer pink. Drain grease, then stir in the spaghetti sauce, wine and tomatoes.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce in the bottom of an 9X13 inch baking dish. Arrange 1/2 of the ravioli over the sauce. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese and repeat layers. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove foil and bake another 10-20 minutes until bubbly. Rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Makes a huge casserole. Easy to put together and delicious. The wine was a nice touch.
This was so easy and good! It tasted just like lasagna!
This was a simple and tasty dish. I did decrease servings to 4 and must say the wine was a welcome change! Has all the flavor of lasagna! Thanks Jess4Freedom, for a quick update to a favorite dish!