Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This came from Great Taste-Low Fat Vegetables Cookbook.
Make and share this Baked Ratatouille Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut in 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut in 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 large onion, cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- 3⁄4 lb eggplant, cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce, no salt added
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes, no salt added, chopped with their juices
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs, dried and plain
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. In a 13x9 inch glass baking dish, combine the oil and garlic. Bake for 5 minutes or till the garlic is fragrant and hot. Stir in the zucchini, yellow squash, onion and eggplant, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally till veggies are crisp tender.
- Uncover and stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes and juices, oregano and salt and bake for 10 minutes or till mixture is bubbly.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs and cheese on top and bake for 10 minutes longer till lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Great veggie dish! Really loved all that roasted garlic. This was easy to make and made a lot - 4 big main dish portions and I'm sure it would serve 8 as a side. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
Very good. I only used one summer squash but added some macaroni and probably a bit more cheese. Very good and easy. Thanks for sharing!