1/2 Photos of Baked Ratatouille
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
kittykat #2's Note:
A yummy version of Ratatouille, minus the eggplant. BLECH!! Layered and baked in a casserole dish. Easy to cook, a little prep intensive, but well worth the effort! Delicious on a cold Sunday night!:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large white potatoes or 3 large red potatoes
- 1/2 medium brown onion
- 2 -3 large carrots, peeled
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled
- 2 large zucchini
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and stemmed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes or 6 roma tomatoes
- 1 lb thin cut beef (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 8 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Slice potatoes, zucchini and bell pepper 1/4 inch thick.
- 2Slice carrots, tomato and rutabaga 1/8 inch thick.
- 3Slice onion as thin as you can, maintaining shape.
- 4If you are using beef, cut into strips about 1-1 1/2 inch wide, about 2 inches long, and no thicker than 1/4 inch.
- 5The layering will go in two parts, so only use half the veggies at a time.
- 6Layer potato, carrot, onion, bell pepper.
- 7Then the rutabaga, pepper the rutabaga with about 1 tsp of the pepper.
- 8Then layer the zucchini, mushrooms, beef and tomato.
- 9Gently salt the tomato with 1/2 tsp salt.
- 10Repeat steps 6 to 9.
- 11In a separate medium saucepan gently heat the tomato sauce, water, bouillon, bay leaf, basil, onion powder, 1 tbsp pepper and garlic until it begins to boil.
- 12Turn it off and remove the bay leaf, don't burn your fingers!
- 13Gently pour over the veggies, distributing evenly.
- 14Cover and bake 1 hour 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- 15After 45 minutes lift lid and gently push down with back of spoon. Replace lid and continue baking.
- 16To test for done-ness insert butter knife in center, you should meet very little resistance. If you feel it is not done, bake another 15 minutes.
- 17Spoon out into bowls and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ratatouille
Serving Size: 1 (938 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.6
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1234.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 9.4 g