Recipe by KelBel
From Creative Everyday Cooking. This uses frozen raspberries in syrup. If using fresh raspberries, just sprinkle with a little sugar before putting in dish.
Top Review by swissms
I was really hoping to give this recipe a great review because I love the combination of raspberries and vanilla pudding. However, I found this recipe too "eggy". I also think a 9-inch pie plate results in a thin layer of pudding...I had to scrape it out rather than scoop it into serving dishes. This recipe might be better baked in a pie crust. I will continue to tweak it, maybe reduce eggs and use cornstarch in place of the flour.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, lightly butter 9 inch pie plate or 1 qt shallow baking dish.
- Spread raspberries and their syrup evenly over bottom of the dish.
- Blend eggs, milk, cream, flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and vanilla together.
- Pour over fruit; sprinkle remaining 1 T sugar over top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until set and golden around the edges.