Recipe by Sonya01
cheesecake yummmy. Prep: 20 mins (+ 1 hour macerating and 4 hours or overnight cooling time) This cheesecake can be made to the end of step 4 up to 1 day ahead. If you would like to serve the cheesecake chilled, allow to cool, then cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge
- 95 g raisins
- 60 ml marsala
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons lowfat margarine, melted (Becel brand)
- 100 g 50% less fat diet butternut cookies (Paradise brand)
- 200 g light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 200 g sour extra light cream (Pauls brand)
- 80 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, to dust
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine raisins and 1 tbs of the marsala in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour to macerate. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 150°C Grease a 20cm springform pan with 1/2 tsp margarine. Place cookies in bowl of food processor, process until finely crushed. Add remaining margarine and process to combine. Transfer to pan and use back of a spoon to press over base. Place in fridge until required.
- Use electric beater to beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and cornflour in medium bowl until creamy. Add egg and beat until combined. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with raisins. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until just set in centre. Turn oven off, leave door slightly ajar and leave cheesecake in oven for 4 hours or overnight to cool completely.
- To serve, use a warm knife to cut the cheesecake into 8 wedges. Dust with the nutmeg. Serve remaining marsala separately to drizzle.