1/9 Photos of Baked " Bread Machine" Focaccia With the Works
2 hrs 20 mins
I use my bread machine to do all the grunge of making the dough for this recipe. Keeps the kitchen clean too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water, plus
- 3 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 5 tablespoons oil (I like safflower)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon bread machine yeast
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (optional)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
pick as many or as few add-ons as you want
- 1Dough: Put the 1 1/2 cup water in the bread machine.
- 2Add the other ingredients in this order: sugar, salt, oil, flour, yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and black pepper.
- 3Place bread machine on dough setting and start.
- 4Note the amount of time your bread machine will take and set another timer for this amount (or do it manually, I use the timer on my microwave for for this).
- 5As soon as the dough forms a ball (several minutes) add the 3 tbsp lukewarm water.
- 6This amount of flour is more than most bread machines can handle, so check every 10 minutes when it is not actively mixing.
- 7If it's getting too high, just stop the dough cycle and restart it (this is why the other timer is needed).
- 8At the end of the time (on my machine it is 130 minutes) turn off the bread machine and remove the dough.
- 9Grease a large pizza pan (or a large rectangular cookie sheet with sides, or 2 small pizza pans) and turn the dough out on it (I usually put a bit of oil or cooking spray on my hands so It doesn't stick to me).
- 10Spread the dough evenly on the pan, making it higher on the edges of the pan for a crust.
- 11Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double.
- 12About 15-20 minutes.
- 13Toppings: Brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano and garlic powder.
- 14Add as many optional toppings as you wish (invent some if you wish).
- 15Sprinkle with parmesan.
- 16Bake until golden about 15-20 minutes at 350°F.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked " Bread Machine" Focaccia With the Works
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.1
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.9 mg
- Sodium 443.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g