1/3 Photos of Baked " Banana Bread" Oatmeal
For years I never ate oatmeal due to the "mushy" texture. After seeing a baked oatmeal prepared on FoodNetwork, it inspired me to come up with a few baked oatmeal recipes inspired by some popular baked goods. This oatmeal has a much more firm texture. Check out my recipes for Baked " Apple Oatmeal Raisin Cookie" Oatmeal and Baked " Cranberry Nut Bread" Oatmeal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quick oats or 1 1/8 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup golden raisin (optional)
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple (reduce milk if add pineapple due to added moisture, optional, optional) (optional) or 1/4 cup pineapple tidbits (reduce milk if add pineapple due to added moisture) (optional)
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar (to create brulee topping) (optional) or 2 -4 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup toasted pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced banana (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In large bowl, combine oats, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- 3In medium bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the mashed banana.
- 4Add the milk mixture to the oat mixture and stir until combined.
- 5Stir in the chopped pecans, golden raisins and/or pineapple.
- 6Pour into 4-6 small souffle or brulee dishes or one larger baking dish (such as an 8x8-inch dish). (You may want to lightly spray baking dish with cooking spray.).
- 7Bake 20-30 minutes (small baking dishes) or 30-40 minutes (large baking dish), or until slightly firm to touch. (Baking time will vary depending on the diameter of your baking dishes.).
- 8Sprinkle with sugar (optional: use torch to create a brulee topping). Garnish with toasted pecans and sliced bananas.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked " Banana Bread" Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 39.5 mg
- Sodium 68.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g