Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this one in my Grandmas Recipe Box. It's a hit in my house.
Make and share this Baked Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed (or 1 T minced garlic)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄4 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 10 soft flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combines tomatoes, green pepper, garlic, lime juice, chili powder, and chili peppers in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer over medium heat about 15 minutes.
- Add pinto beans.
- Combine cheeses.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup on each half of each tortilla top with 1/3 cup tomato mixture.
- Fold over each side.
- Place quesadillas in baking dish greased with olive oil.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake 450 F for 8-10 minues until lightly brown and cheese is melted and bubly.
Just had to make these again because the sauce is so unique and delicious, but the texture of the finished product was not. Divided the sauce by three and made different configurations of this recipe 1)with beans and cheese as written, 2)with beans and extra cheese, and 3)with some cooked ground beef simmered in the sauce and bean mixture and cheese sprinkled on top. Adding extra cheese or meat really made these "feel better" in the mouth and this time there were no leftovers. Thanks for a great sauce recipe that we will use again.