Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Cut from a magazine many years ago but which one will always remain a mystery - the name Tim Olsen appears underneath the recipe - I do not know who he is but he certainly created something yummy !!
- 1 butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 5cm dice
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 red onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup stoned black olives
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Combine all ingredients in baking dish.
- Cook 40 - 50 minutes till pumpkin is cooked through.
- Transfer to a hot grill to brown the top before serving.
This recipe didn't really appeal to us. I think it was the combo of the olives (I used Kalamatas) and ginger - didn't taste quite 'right'. Having said that, I think if you made the recipe with either/or (I'm more inclined to the olives, but that could be cause I'm Greek), I think it would taste better. Thanks for broadening our culinary horizons, though. :-)