Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A different way to serve pumpkin as a side dish. The subtle flavorings let the pumpkin taste come through very well
- 1 pumpkin, approx 3 lbs.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 29.58 ml honey
- 2 lemons, wedges, juice of
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml ground mace
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Peel and clean pumpkin.
- Soften butter and mix with all spices, lemon and honey.
- Cut pumpkin into serving size wedges (as you would a canteloupe).
- Brush with the butter mixture.
- Place in casserole dish, curved edges up.
- Bake 30 minutes (or until fork tender) basting with the butter after the first 15 minutes.