Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A delicious pasta dish, which I have adapted from a recipe in the July 2002 issue of the Australian 'Family Circle'.
Top Review by Sally in Sydney
Just finished eating this and had to post and say it was delicious! I added some roasted pinenuts which tasted great. All the kids loved it so I'll be making this again for sure!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 750 g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 400 g pasta
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 250 g ricotta cheese, low fat is fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, add 2 tablespoons of the oil to a baking dish, add the pumpkin cubes, season with the salt and pepper, add the cumin and toss the pumpkin well until thoroughly coated with the oil, then bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the packet directions or until al dente, drain, return to the pan, cover and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over a medium heat, add the breadcrumbs, garlic, onion and sage and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring or until golden, remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.
- Add the ricotta to the pasta and toss until well combined, add the pumpkin and gently toss.
- Divide between the serving plates and scatter with the breadcrumb mixture and serve with salad greens.