Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was given to my Mom by her dental hygienist. I have no idea where it originated from. A swirl of fat-free whipped topping on the top completes it in my book!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- toasted pumpkin seeds, and (optional)
- whipped topping, for the top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly coat four 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray. Place ramekins (or cups) in a 2-quart square baking dish; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together pumpkin, milk, 1/3 cup brown sugar, egg whites, and pumpkin pie spice. Divide pumpkin mixture among ramekins.
- In a small bowl, stir together oats, 1 Tablespoon pumpkin seeds, 2 teaspoons brown sugar and butter with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle oat mixture over pumpkin mixture.
- Place baking dish on oven rack. Pour boiling water into the baking dish around ramekins to a depth of 1 inch. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center of each pudding comes out clean.
- Carefully remove ramekins from water bath. Cool on a wire rack at least 15 minutes before serving. Or, after cooling up to 1 hour, cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- If desired top with whipped topping and additional pumpkin seeds before serving.