Recipe by ranch-girl
Healthy baked oatmeal with a pumpkin twist! Pumpkin, oats, cranberries, and walnuts are all good for you and yummy!
Top Review by loof
I love baked oatmeal and this one's a winner! The pumpkin flavor shines here; I was afraid it wouldn't be sweet enough but it was just right. I halved the recipe and did add the optional pecans and enjoyed every bite - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Top Favorites of 2009 event
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Start cranberries soaking in hot water to plump them.
- Mix first five ingredients (butter through eggs).
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Drain cranberries and stir into mixture along with nuts (if using).
- Pour into buttered 9x12 pan (I use glass).
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until center springs back when touched.
- Cut into squares, place in bowls, and serve hot with milk.