2 hrs 30 mins
I got this recipe from a reader's digest cookbook a few years ago. The baked pumpkin in this recipe gives it a stronger, sweeter taste. I've never really timed this, so prep time is an estimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F).
- 2Brush a baking tray with oil or melted butter.
- 3Cut pumpkin into large pieces and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until very tender.
- 4Allow to cool slightly and scrape flesh from skin avoiding any crispy parts.
- 5Place pumpkin in a large bowl, add sifted flour, parmesan and pepper.
- 6Mix well and knead on floured board for 2 minutes.
- 7Divide dough in half and roll each into snakes about 40cm long (about 15in).
- 8Cut into small pieces about 1 to 1 1/2 cm long (1/2 in).
- 9Press flat with palm of hand or the back of a fork.
- 10Lower small batches of gnocchi into salted boiling water, remove when they float to the surface.
- 11Serve with a favourite italian pasta sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 288.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 13.3 g