Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from a reader's digest cookbook a few years ago. The baked pumpkin in this recipe gives it a stronger, sweeter taste. I've never really timed this, so prep time is an estimate.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F).
- Brush a baking tray with oil or melted butter.
- Cut pumpkin into large pieces and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until very tender.
- Allow to cool slightly and scrape flesh from skin avoiding any crispy parts.
- Place pumpkin in a large bowl, add sifted flour, parmesan and pepper.
- Mix well and knead on floured board for 2 minutes.
- Divide dough in half and roll each into snakes about 40cm long (about 15in).
- Cut into small pieces about 1 to 1 1/2 cm long (1/2 in).
- Press flat with palm of hand or the back of a fork.
- Lower small batches of gnocchi into salted boiling water, remove when they float to the surface.
- Serve with a favourite italian pasta sauce.