- FOR DOUGHNUTS: In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice (or individual spices), salt, and baking soda.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, milk, and butter, or margarine; beat with an electric mixer on low speed till mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip with a 1/2-inch opening.
- Pipe onto 2 greased baking sheets in 3-inch circles.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 10- 12 minutes, or till golden brown.
- Cool doughnuts on a rack.
- FOR ICING: In a small mixing bowl stir together powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in enough milk to make a smooth icing of glazing consistency.
- place rack with doughnuts over waxed paper.
- Brush icing over doughnuts with pastry brush, or spoon over surface.