Recipe by Cadillacgirl
This is from our local paper and I think they're delicious!
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Made half a recipe and turned out very nicely. Do make sure to make round balls. Mine didn't turn out as pretty as the picture. Got 24 donuts from the half recipe. Dipped only the tops and used 3 T. melted butter.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup ultrafine unbleached cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 F and lightly spray mini muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk flours, baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and salt in a large mixer bowl until combined.
- Whisk eggs, oil, brown sugar, and pumpkin in medium mixing bowl until well combined.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fill each mini muffin cup with about 1 rounded tbsp or until about half full.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, then cool on wire rack until cool enough to handle.
- Combine sugar and second amount of cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Brush or dip the holes in melted butter to lightly coat and then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture (for less fat, skip the butter and just roll in cinnamon sugar).
- Eat warm or at room temperature!