Recipe by KitchenManiac
A very simple dish, but unique. Extremely tasty if you like garlic, which I just adore.
Top Review by sugarpea
These didn't last long. Followed the recipe exactly and it worked just as advertised. Can't say I've ever baked shell-on shrimp but it's a great technique. The sauce is killer. Finger-lickin' good.
- 500 g prawns
- 2 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven at 180°C.
- Wash prawns, cut off feelers and make a slit down the back to de-vein.
- Dry prawns with paper towels, and arrange on oven-proof serving dish.
- Pound the coriander with pepper and garlic.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan.
- Add the pounded ingredients and stir-fry for two minutes, or till it is fragrant.
- Stir in the soya sauce and sugar, turn off the heat.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the prawns and bake for 10 minutes or till the shells turn bright red.
- Serve on a pretty looking dish and ENJOY.