Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another out of my 10 star winning cake recipes...This is THE MOST amazing-tasting rich and moist, buttery cake around...the addition of icecream with graham cracker crumbs, and a praline sauce top and then added again after baking, gives this cake it's one-of-a-kind unresistable buttery taste...after tasting this cake...you'll agree that no others will compare!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Set oven to 350 degrees /Grease a 13" x 9" baking pan /In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, sour cream, 2 tbsp butter and cornstarch /Cook, and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. /Remove from heat. /Stir in 1 tsp vanilla; set aside. /Melt the remaining butter; place in a mixing bowl. /Add icecream; stir to blend. /Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; stir in the remaining 1 tsp vanilla. /In a bowl, combine the flour, cracker crumbs, sugar.
- baking powder and salt; gradually add to icecream mixture until combined. /Pour into prepared baking pan. /Drizzle with half of the praline sauce. /Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cake tests done. /Cool on wire rack. /Add pecans to remaining sauce; spoon over warm cake (the sauce will not cover entire cake). /Cool in pan, serve with whipped cream.