Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a lovely colorful side dish and one way to get your family to eat more veggies. Shortcut the cooking time by microwaving the potatoes. The ginger mixed in gives the recipe a mildly Asian flavor. This recipe is from "The Chopping Block" in our local TV guide
- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed,pierce in several places with a fork
- 3 cups eggplants, peeled & diced
- 1 cup carrot, thin julienned
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Place potatoes on the oven rack in a pre heated 425F oven.
- Bake until tender apprx 50 minutes depending on the size of the potatoe.
- While the potatoes are baking heat the oil in a large skillet, stir fry the eggplant, carrots, onion& ginger until tender apprx10 minutes.
- Add green pepper, wine (juice), lemon peel, chili flakes salt& Pepper.
- When the potatoes are baked cut a slit lengthwise squeeze ends toward the center and with a fork loosen the potato flesh.
- Divide the veggie mixture between the 4 potatoes, Spoon the mixture in and over the potatoes.