Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Less fat than potatoes loaded up with bacon and beef, this recipe is filled with good-for-you veggies.
- 6 russet potatoes
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) canblack pitted, large olives
- 4 -5 green onions
- 2 -3 carrots
- 8 ounces vegetarian chili
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small pieces and lightly cooked in microwave or 1 bunch broccoli, steamed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces nonfat yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash potatoes thoroughly and poke with a fork 4-5 times. Wrap in foil or place on a cookie sheet.
- Place in oven for 45-60 minutes or until soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, chop olives and green onions into small slices and grate carrots.
- Heat chili briefly in microwave or on stove top until warm.
- Place olives, carrots, onions, broccoli, cheddar cheese, yogurt or sour cream, chili and salsa out buffet-style to create your own potato bar!
- Carefully take out potatoes when finished cooking. Slice open and garnish with your favorite toppings.
- Serves 6.