Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an easy, nutritious meal-in-one. Great flavor!
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 hot Italian sausages or 3 mild Italian sausages, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce or 1⁄2 cup salsa
- salt and pepper
- Pierce skin of potatoes and bake in a 400F (200C) degree oven for 50 minutes or until tender (alternately, microwave on HI for about 8 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat oil on medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add peppers and mushrooms and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked sausage and tomato sauce (or salsa).
- Season with salt and/or pepper to taste.
- Heat through.
- Cut thin slice from top of each potato.
- Fluff potato with a fork.
- Spoon topping over potatoes.
Enjoyed very much, makes a light supper or good lunch, appealing blend of flavours with the peppers, mushrooms, sausage..I used mild Italian, and I used bruschetta in place of the salsa and that added some pizzaz. Thanks, M&Mers for a gooood recipe.