Recipe by carolinafan
When preparing this make sure the cooked onion is cooled to room temperature before you add it to the sour cream.
- 8 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup snipped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Prick potatoes in several places with a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet, and bake until easily pierced with the tip of a knife, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make onion sour cream. In a 10 inch skillet, heat oil over medium-low. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium-bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Add sour cream to onion; mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut a deep cross in the top of each potato; push ends together to open. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon some onion sour cream over each potato, and sprinkle with chives. Serve.