Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light, posted for safekeeping. If you can't find crema mexicana, use sour cream.
Make and share this Baked Potatoes With Corn and Crema Mexicana recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium baking potatoes, about 3 lbs
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped jalapeno (remove seeds and ribs for less heat)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons Mexican crema (I think the brand we have here is Cacique)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork, and bake at for 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Toast the cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium heat about 1 minute. Combine with next six ingredients (through garlic) in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Split potatoes lengthwise. Spoon about 1/4 cup corn mixture into each potato and top with 1 tablespoon crema mexicana.
This was very good. I made a Mexican Crema from this website using fat free sour cream. I enjoyed the tangy flavor of these potatoes, and they were very filling as well. This makes a great side dish to any Mexican dish. I served them with an Enchilada Casserole.