Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT. From 3 Guys Cuban Recipes website. One reviewer was confused, so to clarify, do not precook the bacon.
Top Review by NELady
YUMMY! I made these to go along with recipe #177849. Since the oven was already going to be on, I baked these potatoes instead of grilling them (350*F for 70 minutes - they cooked along side the meatloaf). I only cooked 2 potatoes (2 of us eating) and wrapped each potato with 2 slices of bacon. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. I really enjoyed the subtle hint of cilantro - I was worried the herb would overpower everything else, but it didn't. A nice change of pace for baked potatoes, simple to prepare, and really pretty on the plate (please see my picture of the "final product"). Great recipe! Made for the Groovy GastroGnomes of ZWT5!
- 6 -8 potatoes, washed
- 8 slices hickory smoked bacon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean each potato thoroughly. Wrap each potato with a strip of bacon. Wrap in foil.
- Place foil-wrapped potatoes on the grill and cook until fork tender, 45 minutes to one hour. Move potatoes occasionally to cook evenly.
- Remove from foil and quarter. Sprinkle potatoes with olive oil, and fresh chopped cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.