Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT. From 3 Guys Cuban Recipes website. One reviewer was confused, so to clarify, do not precook the bacon.
- 6 -8 potatoes, washed
- 8 slices hickory smoked bacon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Clean each potato thoroughly. Wrap each potato with a strip of bacon. Wrap in foil.
- Place foil-wrapped potatoes on the grill and cook until fork tender, 45 minutes to one hour. Move potatoes occasionally to cook evenly.
- Remove from foil and quarter. Sprinkle potatoes with olive oil, and fresh chopped cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.
YUMMY! I made these to go along with Cajun Meatloaf. Since the oven was already going to be on, I baked these potatoes instead of grilling them (350*F for 70 minutes - they cooked along side the meatloaf). I only cooked 2 potatoes (2 of us eating) and wrapped each potato with 2 slices of bacon. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. I really enjoyed the subtle hint of cilantro - I was worried the herb would overpower everything else, but it didn't. A nice change of pace for baked potatoes, simple to prepare, and really pretty on the plate (please see my picture of the "final product"). Great recipe! Made for the Groovy GastroGnomes of ZWT5!
I love the idea of the bacon wrapped around the potato, I had large potatoes and baked them in the oven so they took well over an hour, I used butter in place of the oil, thanks for sharing Kate, this was made for the Carribbean region/ZWT 5
Great spin on baked potato! Big hit with dh! Made cheesy cauliflower casserole so baked along with that. Appreciate the simplicity. Thank you for a repeater.