Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Baked Potatoes Topped With Spicy Vegetable Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pierce potatoes with fork tines; bake about 1 hour, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add in the onion, bell pepper, carrot, and garlic; cook/stir for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add in tomatoes, beans, broth, chili powder, and cumin; decrease heat to low; cover and cook 20 minutes.
- Add in yellow squash and zucchini; cover and cook about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the cilantro; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve: split the baked potatoes, and mash their pulp slightly.
- Spoon the vegetable stew into their centers.