Recipe by ratwoman
I got this off the back of a gravy envelope. It's easy to make, tasty, and not too rich. We use it as a main dish with a veggie side. Cook time includes baking the potatoes.
Top Review by Jadelabyrinth
This was pretty good when I made it, but the next day it was fantastic! I substituted in fat free brown gravy and light sour cream, otherwise made as stated. This was great over baked potatoes and then rice and I think noodles would work too. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1⁄2 lb round steak, thinly sliced
- 4 1⁄2 ounces mushrooms, canned
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 envelopes brown gravy mix
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 potatoes, baked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook meat slices with mushrooms in oil in skillet over medium-high heat until juices have evaporated and meat is browned.
- Mix water and gravy mix together and add to skillet.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream; heat but do not boil.
- Open hot baked potatoes.
- Spoon stroganoff over potatoes.