Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A rich, hearty meal! Serve with a oil & vinegar dressed salad to offset the richness.
- 1 slice thick-sliced bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4.92 ml minced garlic or 2-3 clove minced garlic
- 453.59 g very lean hamburger
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 9.85 ml dry mustard
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 baked potatoes
- Cut the slice of bacon into small pieces and sauté in skillet until soft.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add the hamburger and sauté all together until well-browned.
- Add the condensed soup, sour cream, dry mustard, Worcestershire, and white wine.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve over the baked potatoes.
- Makes 4 servings.
Ohhh my. These potatoes were fantastic. I love baked potatoes and top them with all kinds of different things but have never tried a beef stroganoff topping. This was delectable. Creamy with a wonderful bacon-beef flavor that was inhanced by the white wine and worcestershire. I had to stop myself from tasting so there would be some to serve. This baked potato recipe is perfect as a main dish. Very filling. A hit with me and my family. Thanks Julesong.
I wasn't sure what i was looking for. I had leftover ham (instead of bacon) and ground beef. So much for leftovers. Had to plate it with lettuce and foil wrapped potatoes for some color. All gone!
Delicious comforting meal for me! I made some up ahead and froze in baggies to have when I feel like having them again. Great recipe Jules!