Recipe by Julesong
A rich, hearty meal! Serve with a oil & vinegar dressed salad to offset the richness.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Ohhh my. These potatoes were fantastic. I love baked potatoes and top them with all kinds of different things but have never tried a beef stroganoff topping. This was delectable. Creamy with a wonderful bacon-beef flavor that was inhanced by the white wine and worcestershire. I had to stop myself from tasting so there would be some to serve. This baked potato recipe is perfect as a main dish. Very filling. A hit with me and my family. Thanks Julesong.
- 1 slice thick-sliced bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 -3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb very lean hamburger
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 baked potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the slice of bacon into small pieces and sauté in skillet until soft.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add the hamburger and sauté all together until well-browned.
- Add the condensed soup, sour cream, dry mustard, Worcestershire, and white wine.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve over the baked potatoes.
- Makes 4 servings.