Recipe by Mirj
A new twist to an old favorite.
Top Review by kearl
I can't rate this exactly according to the recipe because I used pasta noodles instead of baked potatoes, BUT the mixture of vegetables, sauce (I used Reduced Fat Alfredo recipe #17832 and loved it), basil and red pepper was so tasty. I'll try it again with the potatoes, but it was so delicious with pasta and homemade alfredo sauce!
- 4 potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 4 cups assorted fresh vegetables, cut into pieces (choose from broccoli florets, sliced carrots, red pepper squares, sliced zucchini and peas)
- 1 1⁄4 cups prepared alfredo sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Prick each potato several times with fork.
- Arrange spoke-fashion in microwave oven.
- Microwave on HIGH 14 to 16 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, bring 1 cup water to boil.
- Add vegetables, cover, and cook over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, just until crisp-tender; drain thoroughly.
- Add sauce, basil and red pepper to vegetables in saucepan.
- Heat to simmering, stirring.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Split and fluff potatoes; place on four serving plates.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over potatoes, dividing equally.