Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
A new twist to an old favorite.
- 4 potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 4 cups assorted fresh vegetables, cut into pieces (choose from broccoli florets, sliced carrots, red pepper squares, sliced zucchini and peas)
- 1 1⁄4 cups prepared alfredo sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prick each potato several times with fork.
- Arrange spoke-fashion in microwave oven.
- Microwave on HIGH 14 to 16 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, bring 1 cup water to boil.
- Add vegetables, cover, and cook over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, just until crisp-tender; drain thoroughly.
- Add sauce, basil and red pepper to vegetables in saucepan.
- Heat to simmering, stirring.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Split and fluff potatoes; place on four serving plates.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over potatoes, dividing equally.
I can't rate this exactly according to the recipe because I used pasta noodles instead of baked potatoes, BUT the mixture of vegetables, sauce (I used Reduced Fat Alfredo Baked Potatoes Primavera and loved it), basil and red pepper was so tasty. I'll try it again with the potatoes, but it was so delicious with pasta and homemade alfredo sauce!