Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Baked potatoes are not my favorite. I like them with lots of stuff on them. Otherwise, forget it. But this is simple enough, and it's good.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 hot baked potatoes, split
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and chili powder until beef is browned, stirring to separate meat. Pour off fat.
- Add salsa. Reduce heat to low and heat through. Serve over potatoes. Top with cheese.
Made for *My 3 Chefs 2008* using a med-heat salsa, I easily reduced this tasty & filling quick-fix to a single serving for my dinner as DH is gone on a fishing trip. I added a generous dollop of sour cream + some chives on top & found my palate welcomed just a bit of the sour cream w/ea bite. I esp like versatile recipes like this & see a pitcher of margaritas, guacamole, a potato bar w/all the fixings on the side + a flan or sopiapillas for dessert making for a great patio party fiesta! Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.