Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
The potato, be it ever so humble...
- 4 large potatoes
- 125 g asparagus
- 20 g butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup grated cheese
- 3 chopped spring onions (green onions)
- 1 (105 g) can salmon, drained
- Pierce potatoes.
- Place on oven tray and bake in mod hot oven for about 1 hour or until tender.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Cut tops from potatoes, scoop out half the flesh with a spoon, leaving skins intact.
- Combine chopped potato with filling, divide mixture between the potato shells.
- Bake potatoes, uncovered in a mod hot oven for about 15 minutes.
- Boil or steam asparagus until just tender; drain.
- Heat butter in pan, stir in flour, stir over heat until mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from heat,gradually stir in the milk, stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat, stir in cheese, onions, salmon and asparagus.