Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very simple vegetable dish, great with any kind of meat or fish. Adapted from the Silver Spoon book of Italian cooking. A food processor makes this dish quite quick to prepare.
- 400 g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 300 g leeks or 300 g onions, thinly sliced
- 200 g carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn or 6 fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 50 g emmenthaler cheese or 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
- olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- Heat the oven to 180 C or 350°F.
- Brush a dish with oil (earthenware is recommended) and mix the potatoes, carrots and leeks in the dish along with the parsley or basil, salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly in the dish, cover with foil and bake for 60 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the foil, sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot straight from the dish.
This was a nice dish! I halved the recipe and enjoyed it. Thanks!
The adults in my family loved this! (The kids are funny about veggies. Anything other then plain has them a little upset!) I loved how there was so very little fat. I used low fat cheddar (just a sprinkling really) and it was great as a side dish with chicken and apples. Have a great adventure, Sackville!