Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Your only way to eat baked potatoes from now on will be an adventure! UPDATE: Make sure that you use just the amount of oil that is recommended, it make seem sparse but that is all you will need otherwise you will have drips like AmandaBeth did.
- 4 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed and well-dried
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (Don't use vegetable oil spray...too much liquid)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce potatoes ONCE with a sharp knife.
- Over plate, pour oil into your very clean hands and rub the potatoes all over. Use oil that has dripped onto the plate.
- Place DIRECTLY onto the middle rack in oven.
- Bake about 45 minutes. Check to see if done with fork piercing.
- NOW COMES THE BEST PART -- you can top halved or split potatoes with ANYTHING -- forget the sour cream & chives or chili & cheese. Try a vegetable curry or succotash mix. How about a lima bean stew? Indian style chickpeas, eggplant & tomatoes?.
- Roast peppers with balsamic vinegar? And what about all the ways for beans -- baked beans, chickpeas with plain yogurt & lime juice, black beans with onions, mushroom & some tomato sauce?.
- Now, get going on that adventure and find your own way!