Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Your only way to eat baked potatoes from now on will be an adventure! UPDATE: Make sure that you use just the amount of oil that is recommended, it make seem sparse but that is all you will need otherwise you will have drips like AmandaBeth did.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce potatoes ONCE with a sharp knife.
- Over plate, pour oil into your very clean hands and rub the potatoes all over. Use oil that has dripped onto the plate.
- Place DIRECTLY onto the middle rack in oven.
- Bake about 45 minutes. Check to see if done with fork piercing.
- NOW COMES THE BEST PART -- you can top halved or split potatoes with ANYTHING -- forget the sour cream & chives or chili & cheese. Try a vegetable curry or succotash mix. How about a lima bean stew? Indian style chickpeas, eggplant & tomatoes?.
- Roast peppers with balsamic vinegar? And what about all the ways for beans -- baked beans, chickpeas with plain yogurt & lime juice, black beans with onions, mushroom & some tomato sauce?.
- Now, get going on that adventure and find your own way!
Simple and good. Thanks for sharing. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
I'm not going to put a star rating yet because I think my oven may have been the problem. Lots of smoke and the potatoes didn't taste as fantastic as everyone has said. Hmmm... I may have to try them again sometime, maybe at a lower temperature or something...
These were great! I was really being bad so decided to put bacon on top of the potatoes. Needless to say, since I had just made fresh bacon, I used the bacon drippings to coat the potato instead of canola oil (decadent I know!). They turned out great. Crunchy on the outside, steamy and creamy on the inside. Yum! Thanks for the great recipe!