Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I served these potatoes to a group of 12 at a dinner party and everyone loved them (even spinach haters) They look lovely and are very smooth tasting
- 6 baking potatoes, scrubbed and baked until tender
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, cooked and squeezed dry
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion cook 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, salt,& pepper, cook 4 minutes.
- Mix in spinach and set aside.
- Cut a slice from the top of each baked potato and scoop out pulp& put it in a bowl, leave about 1/4" thick shell.
- Mash the potato pulp & mix in the spinach mixture, yogurt& mayo.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato shells.
- Place potatoes in an oven proof platter.
- Prepare topping; In a skillet melt 2 tbsp butter, sauté bread crumbs and almonds for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle topping on the potatoes.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 15-20 Minutes or until potatoes are heated through.
OOOOOhhh, that rosemary just perfectly sets my taste buds off! This is perfection! These are beautiful! I did them like twice-baked potatoes, but I don't usually have the time, so perhaps I'll just do the additions to mashed potatoes to make them outstanding. The only thing I changed was that I didn't have yogurt, so I used light sour cream, and Miracle Whip Light. So yummy!!! I give it 10 stars!
WOW! Used a casserole, when my tater shell split apart. Truly guest worthy potatoes.