Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple, basic, how-to recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and scrub potatoes.
- Dry them and grease lightly with butter.
- Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on their size.
- When potatoes are half done, pull out rack, quickly puncture skin once with fork, permitting steam to escape.
- Return to oven and finish baking.
- When done, serve with them at once with butter and/or sour cream.
Sometimes simplicity is best. What caught my attention with this recipe is: the cooking temp. and the use of butter. Both of which, I've never tried. I usually just bake mine at 350 degrees, either plain or with a little olive oil. So I was intrigued by this technique. I think the higher cooking temp. and butter lended to a nice crispy skin on the potatoes, which I love. Thank you for posting this technique. It was great! ~Made for PAC Spring 2009~
Simple and good. Nice and crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. Thanks CipherBabe for a nice side. Made for All You Can Cook Buffet special.
i'm going to try this tonight with the recipe for basic meatloaf mix (#8099), we love potatoes in our home and can't get enough of them. thank you for a very easy recipe.