Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 72 hrs
Easy and healthy. Serve with chopped fresh parsley, grated cheese and green salad.
Make and share this Baked Potato With Spicy Baked Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -6 baking potatoes, pricked with fork, rubbed with
- olive oil, sprinkled with
- sea salt
- 400 g red kidney beans
- 400 g haricot beans
- 400 g adzuki beans
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup passata
- 2 tablespoons molasses or 2 tablespoons soft dark brown sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch mixed spice
- 2 bay leaves
- Soften onions, carrots and celery in hot oil for a few minutes in an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Drain liquid from all the beans and mix half of this with the passata molasses, mustard, worcestershire sauce and spice.
- Add beans to the vegetable mixture with bay leaves and liquid mixture. Cover with foil and lid and cook for 2 hours at 180C/350F/gas4.
- Skewer potatoes and bake for the last 40 - 45 minutes, unstil soft when lightly squeezed. Split potatoes, stir parsley into beans and spoon over potatoes. Top with grated cheese and serve with crisp green salad.