Recipe by Sherrie-pie
Easy and healthy. Serve with chopped fresh parsley, grated cheese and green salad.
- 4 -6 baking potatoes, pricked with fork, rubbed with
- olive oil, sprinkled with
- sea salt
- 400 g red kidney beans
- 400 g haricot beans
- 400 g adzuki beans
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup passata
- 2 tablespoons molasses or 2 tablespoons soft dark brown sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch mixed spice
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften onions, carrots and celery in hot oil for a few minutes in an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Drain liquid from all the beans and mix half of this with the passata molasses, mustard, worcestershire sauce and spice.
- Add beans to the vegetable mixture with bay leaves and liquid mixture. Cover with foil and lid and cook for 2 hours at 180C/350F/gas4.
- Skewer potatoes and bake for the last 40 - 45 minutes, unstil soft when lightly squeezed. Split potatoes, stir parsley into beans and spoon over potatoes. Top with grated cheese and serve with crisp green salad.