Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is very simple, and very tasty!
- 4 baking potatoes
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Scrub potatoes and slice 1/2" thick slices from end to end.
- Keep each potato together.
- I use individual ramekins to bake them in, but you can use a caserole dish that will hold the potatoes so they don't fall apart.
- Brush some of the oil in the bottom of the ramekins and put one potato in each.
- Spread the slices a little so they are kind of loose.
- Brush the rest of the oil on the potatoes.
- Sprinkle rosemary and salt on top and top with butter.
- Bake 1 hour or until fork tender.
- The whole thing should come right out together and can be served on plates.
- Drizzle remaining oil and butter over top.
Very good and easy. Baked in ramekins and that worked really well. Four rating because it seemed to be missing something - maybe more rosemary? or we miss not having onions? or garlic? I will make as is for family but will try some experimenting ...
YUMMO!!! I made these last night for dinner to go along with a filet and a green salad and the smell in the kitchen was wonderful......I followed the directions except to add a little garlic salt to the rosemary and I didn't use much kosher salt at all. Definately will make these again. Made for French Forum -- Rosemary. Thank you!
These potatoes are easy and never fail to make a great impression. I cook them until the pan drippings start to brown, and then top the potatoes with that. Delicious!