Recipe by Rick B(2)
As funny as it sounds, this is a real recipe from Paula Deen's TV cooking show. I have made it many times and it is surprisingly tasty!!! Prep time does not include baking the potatoes.
- 12 ounces bacon (chopped)
- 2 cups onions (chopped)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomatoes (drained and juice reserved)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 3 cups cheddar cheese (shredded sharp cheddar)
- 4 -6 large baked potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute bacon and onions together in heavy pot until bacon is crisp and onions are tender.
- Drain off fat and discard.
- Add reserved tomato juice to pot, then squish tomatoes by hand also into the pot.
- Add corn, thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer 10 - 15 minutes or until desired thickness.
- Score potatoes lengthwise on one side, squish with your hands to seperate and create a pocket for you to top with mixture.
- Dot each potato with 1/2 tablespoon of butter if desired.