Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A great lunch on it's own, or as a side for fish or chicken. This serves 1 but is easily doubled.
- 1 small russet potato, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 2 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sprig of fresh mint, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Pierce skin of potato a couple of times with a fork. Bake the potato in the oven for about 1 hour or until cooked.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan and saute shallot for about 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the curry powder and stir well.
- Blend the tomato paste and yogurt. Add the minced mint, and season with salt and pepper. Stir into the mushroom mixture and heat gently for one to two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Split the baked potato and "mash" it up a bit with a fork. Fill both halves with the curried mushroom mixture.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Oh wow, what a hit this is! I used it as a side for garlic steak with steamed broccoli for an amazing dinner tonight. Love, love the mushrooms! used cremini's and could have eaten every mushroom in the package done this way. The seasoning was dead on, well flavored but not over powering. Thanks Mike for another marvelous recipe.