Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I know there are alot of potato wedge recipes on here, but this one is different. It might seem a bit more trouble to put together than the others, but trust me...it's well worth the effort. What you end up with is meltingly tender potatoes with crisply browned edges. Yumm!!
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 large potatoes, unpeeled
- Pre-heat the oven to 220*C/425*F.
- Combine melted butter, catsup, mustard and seasonings.
- Scrub potatoes and dry well.
- Cut each into 4 wedges.
- Slash each wedge crosswise at ¼ inch intervals, but don’t cut all the way through the skin.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet, skin side down.
- Brush with 1/3 of the butter mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender, with crispy brown edges basting periodically with the remaining butter mixture.
These were lovely wedges, both the kids loved them , mine didn't really crisp up but tasted good nonetheless and went well as a side for dinner.
The spice mix wasn't the taste I was looking for, but pretty ok. Should really make it nice and crispy
These were REALLY GREAT! Recipe IS first rate! Definately different way to make! LOVE soooooooooooooooo easy to do and bake!!