Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here's a great way to fix potatoes! Kids go crazy for them! I sometimes fix my hubby and I one large potato to share. Great thing is, I only eat 1 or 2 and leave the rest for him; that way I don't have as many fat calories. This recipe is from Chef Tom. I sometimes use bacon grease rather than the butter. Sooo good!
- 6 medium baking potatoes (I use Russets)
- 9 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub and quarter potatoes. Melt butter in a 9- by 12-inch ovenproof baking dish in oven.
- Place potato quarters in dish and turn to coat with melted butter; arrange potatoes cut side down and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until tender when pierced with a sharp knife (30 to 35 minutes).
These are really good! I used 3 large baking potatoes, 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter and sea salt. Didnt use the full amount of salt but next time I will as they needed a bit more. Placed them on a cookie sheet and poured the butter over them. Turned to coat well then added the salt and pepper. While they were baking I did flip them a couple times to get a nice golden brown on each side. Served with Misa's Sloppy Joes tonight for supper and enjoyed great comfort food. Made and reviewed for Kitten's Mini Cookathon.