Recipe by NamirCooks
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. It's a wonderful and very filling soup for those late cold nights. The hearty warmth of the potatoes and the delicious peaks of flavor weaving in from the bacon makes for a whole meal. I used five of my husband's favorite ingredients to create the ultimate curl up on the couch dinner. The soup becomes even better when paired with your favorite bread. We prefer a soft garlic bread to dip into the soup and clean up the last few drops on the bottom of the bowl.
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- 6 slices black pepper bacon
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (plus more for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a large pot over medium heat until browned. Remove from pan and crumble or dice into small pieces. Do not drain fat.
- Add diced onions to the bacon fat and cook until translucent. Drain onions and then return to the pot.
- Add mashed potatoes and milk to the pot. Whisk until smooth.
- Add bacon and cheddar cheese.
- Increase heat to medium high and stir occasionally until the soup begins to boil.
- Lower heat to just above medium low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with sharp cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top of the soup and enjoy!