1/1 Photo of Baked Potato Soup for a Crowd
Chef likestocook's Note:
I got this recipe online from Custom Catering's. This is not for anyone on a diet, but everyone will be talking about it! It is very thick and delicious. I have simpler recipes, but if you want to impress this is the one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 large idaho potatoes (8-9 lbs)
- 2 medium onions
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 quart sour cream
- 1 cup bacon grease
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 10 1/2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb butter, melted
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions or 1 bunch shallot, chopped
- 2 cups bacon bits, crumbled
- 1Coat the potatoes in the olive oil.
- 2Bake potatoes and onions in 375°F oven for 45 minutes.
- 3Let cool for 30 minutes.
- 4Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise; use a spoon to scoop out the potato.
- 5Peel the skin and roots from the onion.
- 6Use a food processor to blend all of the ingredients except cheddar cheese, green onions, and bacon bits. The heat will melt the cheese.
- 7Put the blended soup into a 10 quart stock pot over low heat until serving temperature.
- 8Put shredded cheddar, bacon bits, and onions for everyone to use to top their soup.
Browse Our Top Winter Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Winter Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Potato Soup for a Crowd
Serving Size: 1 (7981 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7411.7
- Calories from Fat 5231
- Total Fat 581.3 g
- Saturated Fat 308.5 g
- Cholesterol 1376.0 mg
- Sodium 4884.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 450.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 52.7 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 126.4 g